Work With Us
Edinburgh Choir Coordinator
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed individual to oversee the smooth running of NYCOS Edinburgh Junior Choirs, which meet once a week during term time. They should have enthusiasm for, and commitment to, the aims of NYCOS, promoting and enhancing choral singing in Scotland.
The local coordinator of a NYCOS Regional Choir is responsible to the Choir Director and NYCOS Regional Choirs Manager for ensuring all necessary local organisational support for the choir is in place.
- To liaise at all times with Choir Director and Regional Choirs Manager
- Ensure the safety and well-being of members
- Responsible for the smooth running of rehearsals, concerts and workshops
- Responsible for carrying out administrative tasks in relation to rehearsals, concerts, workshops
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis using a variety of methods e.g. in-person, telephone, email, social media
- Develop a team of parent helpers
- Be aware of NYCOS policies on Child Protection, Health and Safety and Regional Choir guidelines
- Be aware of financial procedures and responsibilities
- Attend annual coordinator training day
This position is subject to PVG check.
The post covers 4 hours a week of which approximately 2 hours will be spent at choir rehearsal on Wednesday evenings. The remaining 2 hours cover general administration carried out from home. The choir meets for 30 rehearsals per year, 2 concerts and a recruitment workshop.
An hourly rate of £9.20 is paid. Any additional hours are paid at the same rate/day rate.
Start date: 23 April 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter through the following options.
Regional Choirs Manager
Glasgow, G3 7DN